by Scott on 08/28/2011

James Cannell

My grandfather passed away Saturday morning. Grandpa Jim was a good, honest, firm, hard working man. There are few people who I respect as much as I respect him, and I’d be a better man if I could gain just a sliver of the wisdom he’d gathered in his 92 years. His consistent, thoughtful, and steady demeanor is something that I often think on and try to imitate. His impact in his community is far-reaching, but his legacy will live on in his family who love him and love each other.

The obituary is posted here.

Scott Ramon

1. 08/28/2011Katie says:

Great picture, Scott. We are thinking of you and Lindsay these days. Love you lots. Katie

2. 08/28/2011joan nelson says:

Well said, Scott…We are so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your special thoughts of this man who was admired by so many. What a legacy he left!!!
    We are praying for you and your family.

3. 08/29/2011Aunt Jane says:

Scott, we are so sorry for your loss. Not only did he make an amazing impression on you, but you will pass that wisdom on to your own children. We will be praying for you and your family.

4. 08/29/2011erika says:

Scott,
    My thoughts are with you at this time. What an accomplished man! So involved in his community!
    Such a strange time to have sorrow from the loss of a loved one along with the joy of birth of of your first son.
    I am thinking of you and your family at this time.

Erika

5. 08/29/2011Great Aunt Julie says:

Scott, I have read this post a few times- the photo and what you wrote are wonderful. And thank you for making me a great aunt. I was only sad I only got the weight right in the contest. But I can always do better the next time around!

6. 08/30/2011Mom says:

Scott, I plan on reading this at the funeral along with similar comments from Phil years ago. It is neat how the 2 grandsons came up with the same opinions of Grandpa. I hope i can get thru my speech ok. Where are the pics of the BAby? What is his name? Who won the poll? I wish you were here but at the same time it is obvious yu should not have come. Gods timing is amazing. Love, mom xoxox

7. 08/30/2011Aunt Joyce says:

Scott and Lindsay,
    We are thinking of you at this time of sorrow and joy. Know you would like to be in both places. Reading about your Grandpa Jim made me think how similar he was to Lindsay’s Grandpa Charlie…both good, honest, hard working men that were involved in their communities and were well respected. Your son will have great genes from his family. So, Congratulations and our Sympathy both to you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God is with you always.

8. 08/30/2011Sherry Ramon says:

We are deeply sorry for your loss and the sadness all your family is feeling at this time. The words you wrote are so touching and express so well the impact your Grandpa had on you and everyone who was part of his life. If he is your guiding light, you will be a better man for it and will pass on all those wonderful values to your son too.

9. 08/31/2011Curt and Brenda Tobin says:

We are so happy for the two of you on the birth of your son, and he is ADORABLE!
    Your family has definitely had very emotional ups and downs this last few days, but we know you are all very strong and are there for each other. P.S. Your mom did a GREAT JOB with her talk, she is an amazing woman!